Monday, April 5, 2010

Coconut Macaroons

I went to an Under the Sea themed dinner last Saturday night and needed to bring a dessert that kept the theme. Coconut Macaroons!!! Here's what I like about these...you can get creative. I made one batch, but separated it into two bowls. In one bowl I put orange zest and in the other lime zest with a tablespoon of rum. Maybe next time I'll put in cocoa powder or chocolate chips. The possibilities are endless.

1 stick of room temperature butter
3/4 cups sugar
3 eggs room temperature
6 cups of sweetened coconuts flakes
Your added flavor here

Preheat oven to 325

In an electric mixer beat sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Then add eggs one at a time. Mix in coconut and then flavor.

Scoop heaping tablespoons onto a lined cookie sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes or until tops get golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment