Friday, April 30, 2010

Cola Pot Roast

Pot Roast in the Crock Pot - Take II

I am in love love love with the crock pot. Last night I was in charge of bringing a main dish to my girl's dinner party. The girls are amazing in the kitchen and the bar is set high every meal with a new delicious main dish. Since I've been working from home, I thought a crock pot meal would make sense since I can set it in the morning and forget while I plug away at work. I found this recipe on a number of different websites and postings. It was a big hit last night.

1 pot roast (mine was 4 lbs)
1 envelope of Lipton's onion dip/soup
1 12 oz can of Coke (regular)
3 tbls ketchup (I added this)
salt and pepper

Lightly salt and pepper the roast and place in crock pot. Pour in onion package, soda and ketchup. Stir around and set on low all day. I had it in there for about 9 hours.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds good! I love a crock pot too. I have heard of these cola recipes but not yet had one yet, glad it actually works!

    ReplyDelete