Monday, November 23, 2009

Roasted Vegetable & Smoked Gouda Pasta

This is derived from Giada's recipe.

Bell peppers of choice (I like red, yellow and orange) sliced into strips
Sliced Zucchini
Sliced mushrooms
(use vegetables you have in the fridge)
Penne Pasta (I make half the box)
Jar tomato sauce
Smoked Gouda grated (about a cup)
salt, pepper, olive oil

Preheat oven to 450
Cut up veggies and place in a glass 9x13 dish. Sprinkle with olive oil, salt and pepper and roast for about 20 minutes.

Start pasta. While the water boils, grate cheese.

Cook pasta al dente

Once veggies are done, turn down oven to 350ish.

Combine cooked pasta, sauce, roasted veggie and cheese together in the same 9x13 dish you cooked veggies in. Place back in oven so sauce gets warm and cheese melts, about 10 minutes.

Serve and enjoy.
Time: approx 30 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. I made this and it turned out pretty good. I think you can make lots of changes to this depending on your mood - and I could have used less sauce. I found it's better to cook the pasta a little longer so you only have to warm it up in the oven, not actually cook the noodles more. The sauce will keep them moist.

    ReplyDelete