Friday, March 12, 2010

Chicken Chili

Last Saturday, I had a wonderful time playing a mean game of Scrabble with my dear friend Debbie. While getting 33 points for OXEN, I noticed her crock pot was out on the counter. I have a crock pot and never use it and am always looking for some good recipes. Debbie told me that she made Ina's Chicken Chili recipe in it and that it came out amazing. I was inspired. Below is my take on Ina's recipe. Brian and I made it last night. The flavor was great. We would have liked it to be a little thicker, but still yummy. Enjoy.

Serves: 3-4 servings
Ingredients
1 chopped yellow onion
2 garlic cloves minced
1 red bell pepper diced
1 yellow bell pepper diced
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/8 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes, or to taste
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 (28-ounce) can tomato sauce - just plain canned sauce - not jar
1/8 cup minced dried basil leaves
2 chicken breasts diced
2 chicken sausages diced
1 can kidney beans


For serving:
corn chips, grated cheddar, sour cream

Directions

Place all ingredients in crock pot. Set on low all day. Done!

1 comment:

  1. Yum! Sounds great. And I love a crock pot meal that is ready when you come home.

    ReplyDelete