Monday, March 15, 2010

A Rump in the Crock

My friend Shiri took me to a cooking class last Saturday night. It was given by the Chef at Anaheim's House of Blues. This was one of the best classes I've been to because Wendie (the Chef) walked through a number of week night crock pot meals. She made Lasagne in the crock pot. Who knew? The meal Brian and I tried tonight was the roast because I found a rump on sale yesterday. I cut up the veggies last night and placed them in a ziplock bag so preparing the dish this morning was a breeze. At first Brian thought the meal was ok/good, but I caught him going for round two. He's not much of a Roast guy, but I think this may have converted him.

Rump or Chuck Roast - rub salt and pepper on both sides
Carrots peeled and sliced into discs
1/2 onion diced
4 celery stalks diced
6 red or yellow potatoes
hand full of diced mushrooms
1 cup Balsamic salad dressing

Place everything into the crock pot and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours

You got your veggies, starch and meat all in one.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you've gotten to try one of the recipes! I hope to try one this weekend. -I'm thinking lasagna...

    ReplyDelete